Story of the Stone




Deep inside the quarry
When I wasn’t alone
I had a family
Pebbles Rock and Stone
No issues no query
Was in the quarry

One day he came
With diggers and dumpers
With crawlers and crane
Hammered me crushed me
It was agony
It was pain
With crawlers and crane

For the comfort of elite
They crushed
Made me pebbles and dust
Was tempered with tar
To be path for elite
So they can go far
I was tempered with tar

I was red I was blue
Some opaque
And some see through
I was yellow I was green
Abundant and some unseen
I was precious for all of them
They called me gem
They blamed
Crime robbery and theft
I was cause for the spread
I wanted bloodshed
I was hanged in gold chains
Innocent I plead
Cause was there never ending greed

In the time of famine
I was offered bread and butter
They prayed for better
As I was the lord
Crafted in the stone
Poor was left on their own
As I was god made of stone
Neither can I eat nor smell
Why offer me bread and butter
Give it to your own
Why let the needy
Suffer from hunger
Leave me alone
I am no god
I am just a stone

: Shashiprakash Saini

Comments

  1. अति सुंदर कृति
    ---
    नवीनतम प्रविष्टी: गुलाबी कोंपलें

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

इंसान रहने दो, वोटो में न गिनो

रानी घमंडी

मै फिर आऊंगा